So, instead I wanted to ask you a question or series of questions about what you think about Christians in Politics.
It is something that I have been thinking about a lot today, and must admit my thinking is rather muddled.
Full disclosure: For the last few weeks I have been part of Canadian Facebook group which was created to help support Christian political leaders. I can’t say that I ever felt really comfortable in that group, and I stepped aside today.
Here are some of my thoughts for which I would like your response along with your own questions and thoughts.
1. Should we overtly support Christians running for political office because they are Christian?
2. Am I able to trust the agenda of someone who is Christian any more than someone who is not?
3. Should I support whomever aligns best with me on a wide range of issues, regardless of their personal religious beliefs?
4. Are there pet agendas of Christians that I would be uncomfortable with? (For example in our area their was a move at the local school board level to elect Christian trustees who would throw out a curriculum that I thought was quite fine.)
5. I think I am missing a question or two that I should be asking. Maybe some of your responses will help me with other questions of my own.
Let me know if you have had thoughts in this area. I am interested in a variety of opinions here. I would also be interested in passing on some of your comments to the leader of the Facebook Group.